As you have probably noticed during your morning commute or just a trip to the mall, there is a large amount of construction going on in the Columbus, Ohio area. It is crucial to ensure the safety of drivers and workers around those construction zones. In order to better serve the drivers in the Columbus community, Three-C Body Shop has compiled a list of tips to help drivers on the roadway. The Federal Highway Administration recommends the following tips:
Keep Your Headlights On
Do Not Tailgate
Change Lanes Safely
- Merge well before you reach the lane closure
- Be aware that traffic patterns can change daily
- Change lanes only where pavement marking indicate, and only when traffic conditions permit
Obey the Speed Limit
- Often times in work zones there will be a reduced speed limit. This is for the safety of the workers and the drivers. Please obey the lower speed limit.
- Fines are often doubled for moving traffic violations in work zones
- Be prepared to slow down further if conditions indicate the need
Pay Attention to the Road:
- Listen to the signs
- Watch brake lights on the vehicle ahead
- Watch traffic around you and be prepared to react
Stay Alert and Minimize Distractions:
- Dedicate your full attention to the roadway
- Avoid using your cell phone, changing the radio station, eating, or other distractions from the road
Be Patient and Cautious!
All the construction going on may be frustrating but remember, it is all for the good of the drivers and keeping the city safe. Have a great summer!