What to do after you’ve been in a car Accident
No one ever wants to imagine themselves getting into a car accident, but just like any other accident, it is helpful to be prepared in the moments after so you can react efficiently and effectively. Three-C Body Shop is here for you every step of the way after an automobile accident. Let’s take a look at what to do after the accident occurs:
- First and foremost is to take a deep breath and try and remain calm, even though this is a very scary situation, do as best as you can to get yourself settled down.
- Check for injuries, call an ambulance when in doubt.
- If the accident is minor and the cars are drivable, move them to a safe place and out of the way of traffic.
- Turn on your hazard lights, use cones, warning triangles or flares for safety.
- Call the police, even if the accident is minor.
Other Important Tips:
- While you are waiting for help to get there, do not sign any documents unless it is for the police or your insurance agent.
- Make immediate notes about the accidents, including how many cars were involved, damages to the vehicles and witness information. Pictures are a great way to document specific damage.
- Note the relationship between the driver and name on the insurance card if they are different.
- Do not discuss who was at fault in the accident, the police will compare stories and the damages on the car will tell the story.
- Try not to leave the accident scene before the police arrive, that way you can give them your version of how the accident played out.
Three-C Body Shop is here to help you after an accident, that is why we have our Pink Button App. Auto accidents are no longer stressful and disruptive in the Columbus, OH area. Our app offers full accident-scene services at no charge, simply by using the pink button. Push the button and the following will happen:
- Your GPS location is sent to us and we will call immediately to confirm you need help.
- We will then launch a town truck and loner car if you need one to your location.
- We will take the car back to Three-C while you continue on with your day.
- We will handle everything with your insurance company, fix your car right, detail it and will give you a call when it is ready!
Why wait? Download the Pink Button App today! (Available on the App Store and Google play)